Bill O'Reilly just compared John Edwards to Opie

October 6, 2004 5:25 PM

He asked Juan Williams who Osama bin Laden would be more afraid of if confronted in his cave: Dick Cheney or John Edwards.

"Opie can say he's going to kill the terrorists, it's not gonna scare me!"

Juan totally called him on it: "You're a no-spin guy, but that was a spin question."

O'Reilly did this for no other reason than to piss off people like me, so I'll write this post. This guy will say anything for ratings.

More from the archive in Bill O'Reilly, Television.

Bill O'Reilly just compared John Edwards to Opie (10.06.2004)

Next Entry: Democrats more likely to use the Internet (10.07.2004)
Previous Entry: Bill O'Reilly on Letterman last night (10.06.2004)

Bill Oreilly just defended the judge who threw out the same sex marriage ban saying he agreed with the judge. A far left viewpoint.

But that doesnt fit with the image Jim is trying to paint, so you'll never see him mention anything like that.

Wed Oct 6 2004 5:41 PM

dhermesc:

"O'Reilly did this for no other reason than to piss off people like me, so I'll write this post."

Like it or not, he was successful.

Thu Oct 7 2004 5:44 AM

Please note, that I didnt write the idiot comment. Some left wing coward used my name.

Thu Oct 7 2004 6:20 AM

amusing...

Thu Oct 7 2004 8:19 AM

evil conservative666:

Jim, can you delete that comment from the other RWR?

Thu Oct 7 2004 8:53 AM

Yes, I deleted it. And I know who did it too... DON'T DO IT AGAIN.

Thu Oct 7 2004 9:12 AM

leesa:

check it out

Thu Oct 7 2004 1:47 PM

Red Ghost:

Red Wing Robby:
I want to apologize. I am the left-wing coward.

It was a joke. Really. No disrespect meant. Honest. It was obviously hastily done and ill-thought out.

I'm sorry. I'm the idiot.

I'd also like to apologize to Jim for creating something of an administrative mini-disaster. That was not my intention.

Sincerely,
Red Ghost

Thu Oct 7 2004 2:00 PM

Red Ghost:

All apologies again.

The link should be a little more like:

Thu Oct 7 2004 2:08 PM

Apology accepted. I actually thought is was on of a couple friends who use my computer's sometimes and know I frequent this place. I appreciate you being upfront. However, feel free to call me an idiot. They do on a regular basis.

Thu Oct 7 2004 2:34 PM

raging red:

Aw, finally there's some LOVE on Jimlog! I just got a warm fuzzy.

Thu Oct 7 2004 9:01 PM

GROUP HUG!

oh wait, that's too liberal...

Thu Oct 7 2004 10:14 PM

Ben:

Did you catch O'reilly on The Daily Show?

Jon Stewart played nice, but looked like he wanted to strangle O'reilly by the end of the show.

Fri Oct 8 2004 7:30 AM

Actually what he said was that he wouldnt have thought of O'reilly as an undecided voter but after speaking with him he truely believes he is independent.

Fri Oct 8 2004 7:47 AM

John:

I'll have a copy of the Daily show with Bill O on my Tivo and will post it on my site soon http://crooksandliars.com
You can check other funny clips on there from The Daily SHow and others. I want to thank Jim. He was nice enough to post my song "Shut Up" an Ode to Bill O'Reilly on his site.

Fri Oct 8 2004 10:38 AM

John:

If anyone wants the O'Reilly interview with Jon Stewart, I'll have it compressed shortly. Email me at crooksandliars@gmail.com and I'll give you a link to view it. I'm not sure if I'll put it on the site yet.
JA

Fri Oct 8 2004 11:41 AM

Ben:

I'm sure Jon was being Sarcastic.

Fri Oct 8 2004 3:29 PM

MC:

O'Rielly does come down on either side of the fence on various issues.
But he does slant conservative.
The difficulty with him is that he believes his truth is 'the truth'.
This is common in right wing talk show hosts, but can happen with liberal or conservative pundits.

Conviction is often mistaken for truth.

You get some brash opinionated intimidating individual who loves the sound of his own voice and they can tell you anything and it sounds believable. Add to this the ability to turn your oppositions volume down or cut them off whenever you like and the illusion gets worse. This is what dictators do.

Thank God we live in a society where we can have discussions like this and check facts over the internet. God bless the 'internets' wherever they are.

Sat Oct 9 2004 8:21 AM

Shylayna:

hi im shylayna im 10yrs.old and i enjoy watching bill o rielly heres a poem i think all the time

ROSES ARE RED VIOLETS ARE BLUE BILL O RIELLY I WISH I WAS AS SMART AS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 19 2005 9:18 PM