Michael Moore

October 1, 2004 6:26 PM

I get asked all the time about Michael Moore now. A young reader just emailed me concerned that I was hurting my credibility by being a "fan" because Moore plays fast and loose with the facts.

Well, my thoughts about Moore are a lot more conflicted than simply being a fan. Since I did an enormous amount of research on almost all the things in Fahrenheit 9/11 while working on Uncovered, I know that Moore tends to skip over facts that muddy his argument. He'll defend the facts in his films to the death, but it's the stuff he leaves out that ends up misleading people.

That being said, many more people saw Outfoxed because of Fahrenheit 9/11. He paved the way for more people to see my films. On one hand, he's made it harder to be a leftie filmmaker, but on the other hand, he's actually made it viable.

This old post of mine pretty much sums it up: he's the left's version of Rush Limbaugh. You can't believe everything he says, but he's a lot of fun to listen to (or watch).

More from the archive in Lies and Deceit, Movies.

Michael Moore (10.01.2004)

Next Entry: Disintermediation...it's back! (10.02.2004)
Previous Entry: Campaign Carl (10.01.2004)

Limbaugh is a serial liar. I wouldn't put Moore in that category.

Fri Oct 1 2004 7:12 PM

Not only is Limbaugh a serial liar, he is a hypocrite who won't live by the standard he claims to expect of others. His attempt to avoid prosecution on drug charges is absurd. He should be in prison.

Sun Oct 3 2004 8:54 PM

You lefties can keep attacking Rush. Hows that crappy freedom radio Frankin came out with to be the answer to right wing radio? Oh wait, its sucks and is being cancelled all over the country. Nice try lefties. ROFLMAO

Mon Oct 4 2004 8:50 AM

mark:

You are pathetic. One who dedicates his life to getting George Bush out of office is really a sorry individual, myopic in mindset and narrow minded in foresight. You are a pathetic excuse for being an American. You are just a bitter limosine liberal who can't stand waking up every day thinking that the 2000 election was stolen. You fail to realize/believe several things. 1. The constitution was written with a rare occurance like this in mind. 2. Al Gore had the opportunity to press forward in the re-count & the legal system but chose not too. If you are mad at anyone you should direct it at Al gore. He couldn't even win his home state or Arkansas. That's a big problem. There should be a 2 party system, maybe 3. Your deviseness, degradation and evil intent in expressing your frustration is immature, sick and really points out why you shouldn't be a Democrat. This is one time I sincerely hope that democracy fails. If you don't agree with George Bush, vote against him but don't be a hypocrite and FLIP-FLOP.

Thu Oct 7 2004 8:27 AM

Air America Radio (http://www.airamericaradio.com) is alive and well, despite what O'Really and other spinsters want you to believe. Its 6 months old and already has more of an audience than Reily.

Thu Oct 7 2004 9:12 AM