Number of new voters is skyrocketing in final days

October 3, 2004 11:03 PM

NY Times: "the pace is particularly high in urban areas of swing states, where independent Democratic groups and community organizations have been running a huge voter registration campaign for just over a year."

Voter reg in non-swing states is flat to down.

If all the election offices are going crazy trying to keep up with the influx of registrations, what happens to election day? "It's going to be insane. ... It's already insane."

More from the archive in Elections.

Number of new voters is skyrocketing in final days (10.03.2004)

Next Entry: 4 weeks to go (10.04.2004)
Previous Entry: Sicko rumors: Camera phones! (10.03.2004)

ATTENTION READERS OF THIS BLOG SITE:

A new story has developed recently about Jim strongly favoring Bush's re-election. In addition hes stance against Kerry has been strongly documented. You can see it all on
a new movie called: JIM UNCOVERED.

Here are some quotes taken from his site in the past.

"Bush does care about privacy."

"If you don't vote for Bush you're supporting the terrorists"

"But the good news is we're getting our tax cut!"

"Right now it may seem insane to think Bush will lose"

"Just because he's politically astute and a great leader doesn't mean his policies have to change, in fact just the opposite."

"Why should Saddam have gotten the benefit of the doubt here?"

"Kerry in 1970: In His First Campaign For Congress, Kerry Wanted To Defund CIA. In 1970, Kerry told The Harvard Crimson he wanted "to almost eliminate CIA activity."

"Democrats are fucking stupid."

"Kerry could really mess things up."

"He's gotten nearly zero meaningful legislation passed in his 20 Senate years"

"At least Bush knows how to get stuff done"

These are all acutal quotes from Jim himself that conclud beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jim Supports Bush and is Against Kerry and Democrats.

See how easy it is to mislead people with Cut and Paste Garbage Jim?

Have a nice day.

Mon Oct 4 2004 9:43 AM

Independent Jones:

Robert,

Your cute little display here is patently ridiculous, but whatever.

You seem to have a big problem with your perception of Jim's work, yet you say nothing of the misleading statements that riddle any Bush/Cheney ad. They oversimplify complex statements and attach to them new meaning regardless of how misleading and untruthful it is.

The republican spin doctors, one of which you are, have taken this statement, "No president, through all of American history, has ever ceded -- and nor would I -- the right to pre-empt in any way necessary to protect the United States of America, but if and when you do it, ... you've got to do it in a way that passes the ... global test where your countrymen, your people, understand fully why you're doing what you're doing, and you can prove to the world that you did it for legitimate reasons." and turned it into "I want to turn national security over to the foreigners."

Come on. If that's what they get from that, then our republican leaders are without a doubt borderline retarded. The thing is, that's not what they get out of it, but that's what they want the rest of the country to get out of it.

So, tell me, Robert where is your outrage against your republican buddies for their under-handed, wrong, misrepresentation of ideas?

Don't go whining about what you thing is being done, when the very people you support are doing the same, if not worse. You can't have it both ways, Robert. Either full accountability across the board, or none.

Mon Oct 4 2004 11:16 AM

"Independent",

Firstly, I am talking about the recent surge of Cut and Paste "documentaries". It’s not the first Time I bring it up and won’t be the last. Movies like Out-foxed are perfect examples of how easy it is to mis-lead the viewer into believing someone has certain views when they don’t.

The post above is an illustration of how I can take someone whose stated goal is to rid America from Bush and make it appear as though he supports him. It’s very easy to do as I have just shown. That’s all Moore's movie and the rest of them are. Total misleading garbage.

Click the link you can see me be critical of both sides on movies like this. I clearly state it goes both ways. Get a clue.

Nice accusation. Too bad is completely off base and incorrect. Your knee jerk Bush attack demonstrates just how independent you are.

Have a Nice day.

Mon Oct 4 2004 11:48 AM

Robby --

Best. Comment. Ever.

But just because someone CAN do that, doesn't mean they DID do that.

Mon Oct 4 2004 12:05 PM

Independent Jones:

"Right" Wing Robert,

See I can use qoutes, too. So, now I guess I'm as witty as you.

Once again you've managed to run completely away from what I have posed to you. It's getting to be a nasty habit, Robert. There was nothing knee-jerk, nor incorrect in my statements to you. Just because you don't agree with me, doesn't mean I'm not right.

You are arguing about the accountability of some non-politician documentarians who are trying to illustrate their perception. You take umbrage with this, which is your right. Not everyone's cup of tea. I have not seen any of those documentaries and don't really plan to. I'm not arguing that. I'm asking why you aren't throwing a hissy fit when Bush comes out with a glaring misrepresentation of his competition, changing words and simplifying a complex thought into a concept wholly inconsistent with what the original speaker said. This is the president of the United States of America, a country I'm sure you love. The president is someone whom you respect very much and I would assume put on a platform above most others due to his importance in the world. That said, why should he get off scott-free of your derision for doing very similar things that you are complaining about. Shouldn't your president be held to higher standards than some liberal, biased documentarians?

Across the board or none at all.

Now let's see your knee jerk.

Mon Oct 4 2004 12:56 PM

Independent Wing Robby:

Indy,

The Bush spin machine might be the best in the world. The Kerry machine isnt far behind. I was making a narrow arguement based on the recent documentary explosion and related to a couple exchanges Jim and I had on previous posts about this issue. I was hoping to make my point in a more memorable way. I clearly stated how misleading both sides were on this topic as I showed in the link I gave you.

You widening the issue by bringing Bush into it. Kerry's campaign can be accused of the same exact thing which, not surprisingly, you fail to mention. If you want to discuss campaign spins, hijack your own thread.

Have a Nice Day

Mon Oct 4 2004 1:50 PM

Independent Jones:

I saw all the posts from that exchange with you Jimothy, in fact I posted to you in that thread, which you did not respond to.

But, again your response is based on the Pee-Wee Herman concept of "I know you are, but what am I."

When asked to explain the actions of republicans, your response always seems to be, "Hey the democrats do it, too." Well, aren't you supposed to hold your guys in higher regard and expect them to rise above petty childishness? Same goes for the democrats. This is why I'm independent. I'm addressing you because of the position you made. Naturally I am going to be bringing up Bush's misdeeds, since he's your boy.

And further more, Mr. Spiteful McNasty, I shall hijack any thread I please, as I am Independent Jones!

Mon Oct 4 2004 2:05 PM

I lose track of alot of threads here because Jim pumps so many out. They dont get bumped with new posts and tend to disappear quickly. I cant respond to everything that everyone directs at me. It would be a full time job.

I did just see explanation of your name many posts down, a little late, but I saw it. Fair enough. No more "quotes".

Mon Oct 4 2004 2:45 PM