O'Reilly threatens the wrath of Roger Ailes

October 13, 2004 5:13 PM

Bill O'Reilly paraphrased in Andrea Mackris' sexual harassment complaint against him:

If you cross Fox News Channel, it's not just me, it's Roger Ailes who will go after you. I'm the street guy out front making loud noises about the issues, but Ailes operates behind the scenes, strategizes and makes things happen so that one day BAM! The person gets what's coming to them but never sees it coming. Look at Al Franken, one day he's going to get a knock on his door and life as he's known it will change forever. That day will happen, trust me.

Continuing...

O'REILLY: Ailes knows very powerful people and this goes all the way to the top.

MACKRIS: To the top of what?

O'REILLY: Top of the country. Just look at who's on the cover of his book [Bush and Cheney], they're watching him and will be for years. [Al Franken's] finished, and he's going to be sorry he ever took Fox News Channel on.

More from the archive in Bill O'Reilly.

O'Reilly threatens the wrath of Roger Ailes (10.13.2004)

Next Entry: Bill O'Reilly: "You have really spectacular boobs." (10.13.2004)
Previous Entry: Bill O'Reilly: "We'll see who's left standing." (10.13.2004)

Joshua H.:

So is there any evidence for any of this beyond Mackris' complaint? It's quite possible that it's all disgustingly true, but I think "paraphrased" is a bit strong a term for unsubstanciated claims, don't you?

Wed Oct 13 2004 5:50 PM

Gina Bennett:

I have heard, and I pray, there are tapes of Bill making the alleged comments. Otherwise the charges won’t stick he has too much power behind him. With any luck both O’Liely and Rush and can share a cell. Wouldn’t that be nice. I truly hope this is his undoing. He is a purveyor of hate and deception. I think this may just take him down and out. Bye bye Bill and good riddance.

Thu Oct 14 2004 7:38 AM

My general feeling is that the only reason this charge has made it this far is because there's solid evidence behind it.

And don't forget Andrea Mackris is a Republican. She worked as an intern in Bush Sr.'s White House.

Thu Oct 14 2004 8:09 AM

Ms Liberty:

I love it. This type of scandal couldn't have happened to a more deserving individual.
Bill O'Reilly is a lying shithead. I'll enjoy seeing him crash and burn. :P

Thu Oct 14 2004 11:07 AM

MC:

What do you expect from O'Reilly. He has illusions of godhood. He thinks he doesn't spin. He paints himself as a moderate thinker when he's a Bush kiss ass. He thinks he has a stranglehold on the truth. He thinks he can say anything because he has Fox channel backing him up. And then of course he claims to be looking out for all of us. All and all its a pretty good scam, but a scam nonetheless.
His problem is his ego. All these kinds of superegos self destruct sooner or later.
Now he's talking like he's Tony Soprano's top guy. "Hey Tony will get you." I'm connected.

Basically he's just another one of the many lying dirtbags getting rich from his position in the media and trying to fool everybody all the time.

Thu Oct 14 2004 11:54 AM

otis:

I can't wait to see the new "Factor" gear. Loofahs and Vibrators for everyone. I hope Bill Clinton doesn't pop a stitch when he hears Mr. O'Wanker's taped phone calls. I feel sorry for his kids though. They will never hear the end of this.

Sun Oct 17 2004 3:59 PM