The Bushies are lying to each other!

October 9, 2005 12:09 AM

Karl Rove promised Bush two years ago that he didn't leak Valerie Plame's identity, nor any information attempting to discredit Joe Wilson.

More from the archive in Karl Rove Scandal, Lies and Deceit, Valerie Plame.

The Bushies are lying to each other! (10.09.2005)

Next Entry: "I haven't been in a concert hall in 4 billion years." (10.09.2005)
Previous Entry: Bush involved in leaking of Valerie Plame's identity? (10.02.2005)

NJGuardsman:

I’ll be hitting several points so I’ll put them all hear.

My uncle is sick. He presented with acute pain in his abdomen, which turned out to be pancreatitis, after more tests & X-rays it turned out to be Liver cancer. He is now undergoing Chemotherapy. This man has no drinking problem; he’s a family man. I have known him all my life, he is as integral to my development as a man as my own father, I never seen him act in rage or anger – only love and happiness. So now my family joins yours in this… trial.

Now about the storms in the gulf coast PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY for the deaths and suffering on the citizens of New Orleans rest solely on two people: the governor of Louisiana and the Mayor of New Orleans! I have never seen such a pitiful display in my life crying on the TV to who ever would listen when his own plans called for his administration to get his people to safety, all the while having a pissing contest with the governor about who’s in charge!

Funny, I don’t remember seeing the mayor of Biloxi MS, or for that matter the governor going on national TV and crying about not getting federal help.

Consider the fact that states like California and Florida can handle disasters because their governors know how to lead! Look at the earthquake of 1994 in California, and the leadership displayed by the then governor of that state. Florida last year dealt with FOUR hurricanes in six weeks and Jeb didn’t go whining to his brother for help he worked his disaster plans and showed leadership until federal help got to both these states. No one recalls how in the 90’s during Clinton’s presidency, during a heat wave that eventually killed about 800 people in Chicago Clinton was chugging water during the heat wave and no one said anything – not one word – yet you call Bush on the carpet saying he didn’t act?!!?

No one remembers hurricane Floyd a few years back, it took FEMA about one month to deliver aid to the victims.

Yet Bush is the be all and end all of all things wrong. The Emperor (Bush) because of his manipulation of the dark side force (Halliburton) can now control the weather and has sent his storms to destroy the poor and when Katrina wasn’t enough he sent Rita to get them and their dogs too!!! - - - How pathetic.

Is it Bush’s fault that New Orleans is/was 70% black – NO! Is it Bush’s fault that the majority of those people are on some kind of government assistance – NO! Is it bush’s fault people didn’t heed the warnings – NO! Is it Bush’s fault that the levies weren’t built strong enough – NO!

The press blamed Bush for the RAPES and MURDERS being committed in the Superdome and when all that was proven to be false, not one retraction and you say FOX isn’t news network?!?!?!?

The FACT that people have accused Bush of being a racist is in itself racist!!! You expect people to believe the he woke up and said “Let the niggers die”(after the storm) and through your silence you collectively condone this. I am STILL waiting for one anyone of you to come out and say that people like Kanye West are themselves racist, that Durbin was wrong in comparing this nation’s military to Nazis, yet you don’t and you accuse me of BLIND LOYALTY.

The government sent 67 BILLION to the affected areas of the south and now 250 BILLION more (can anyone say corruption) I am … uncomfortable with such a large sum of money being spent thru the state and local governments that squandered federal money in the first place. I would be more at ease with this if the money were funneled thru organizations that know how to work these types of problems: Habitat for Humanity, The Red Cross, The Salvation Army and others.
Let me say that these people are my fellow Americans, my friends and deserve our compassion, they deserve a helping hand but not a free ride, do you know what 250 Billion divided by the population of New Orleans is???? About 400 THOUSAND per person (not to mention private contributions) what happened to their home owners insurance, if these companies refuse to pay we should hold their feet to the fire, this would be a public relations nightmare for any insurance company that would not pay claims in the affected areas. Would you continue a policy with a company that stiffed its policyholders just when they were needed most?!?!!?

Now the new Chief Judge of the Supreme Court was a political master stroke (although I wanted Clarence Thomas for the job), this man ran rings around: Kennedy, Shumer and every one else, he was the smartest man in the room!

Harriet Miers is an unknown and it worries me that Durbin likes her, a bunch of things worry me about her but I’ll have to take it on trust that Bush knows what he’s doing.

The recent speech President Bush gave is another political home run; he should have done this sooner and more often, (I just wish he would seal the borders). “The influence of Islamic radicalism is also magnified by helpers and enablers” this line especially rings true when I see people like: Kennedy, Durbin, Pelosi, Michael Moore, Sean Penn, Walter Kronkite and other rich elites.

This quote REALLY hits home” The hatred of the radicals existed before Iraq was an issue, and it will exist after Iraq is no longer an excuse. The government of Russia did not support Operation Iraqi Freedom, and yet the militants killed more than 180 Russian schoolchildren in Beslan.” – F’N A!!!

“No act of ours invited the rage of the killers -- and no concession, bribe, or act of appeasement would change or limit their plans for murder. “ – couldn’t have said it better myself!

Your hearts are going pitter patter about this new thing with Rove, would it make a difference to you if HE called for the meeting? What will you all say if/when Karl Rove comes out of this smelling like a rose. Would it make a difference to you to know that the recently released reporter for the NY Times could also be called?

Sun Oct 9 2005 12:17 AM

MnMnM:

Grand Jury testimony of Karl Rove leaked by Rove-ing reporter (fictional). Please keep my identity a secret. Double super Secret. I could call in and have my voice disguised or and my face blocked out. Please call me or send me an email if you plan to use this. Thanks.

Middle-aged, Middle-of-the-road, Mid-Westerner
MnMnM50@hotmail.com

Testimony of Karl Rove, the White House Deputy Chief of Staff (of the United States) [COSTUS]. How much will COSTUS cost us?

It is posted at: http://rovesayswholeakedfirst.blogspot.com/

Sun Oct 9 2005 9:40 AM

NJ:

So sorry to hear about your uncle. What's going on? He doesn't drink, and gets a liver problem, I never smoke and get a lung problem.

As for Judy Miller's involvement (the NY Times reporter) in the Rove scandal. I would be thrilled to see her put back in jail. If you remember, she was the primary reporter that stovepiped Ahmed Chalabi's lies about Saddam's weapons straight to the American people. And never once apologized for repeatedly screwing it up. I'm still wondering if what she was doing in jail was not protecting a source, but protecting herself.

Sun Oct 9 2005 10:08 AM

NJGuardsman:

Mr. G

You get up REALLY early, I wrote that stuff late last night on the east coast and unless you moved you're still on the west coast (3 hours behind me).

Sun Oct 9 2005 10:28 AM

Maggie The Step-mom:

NJGuardsman:
I'm sorry to hear about your uncle and my heart goes out to your family. Keep us posted on how your uncle is doing.

Sun Oct 9 2005 10:39 AM

NJGuardsman,

Very sorry about your uncle.

Also, you've convinced me now that Bush is not responsible for the disastrous federal emergency response to hurricane Katrina, and that it was actually the local government which was in charge of the federal response.

I'm just glad that we can rely on California to run a more effective federal emergency response, if there is an earthquake. Maybe, in the future, we should have the federal government execute the federal emergency response, for those states which aren't as well run as California.

Or maybe we should just do away entirely with the federal state of emergency, if it's run by the states anyway. Doesn't make sense to me, but you've convinced me with your logic.

Mon Oct 10 2005 1:32 AM

NJGuardsman:

Paul,

You fail to realize that FEMA is not a FIRST RESPONDER, you fail to realize that the incompetence of the governor of Louisiana and mayor of New Orleans did more to kill people, did more to make the survivors suffer then the lack of federal emergency aid from the federal government. As I recall Bush asked Blanko to federalize the LNG and she said she needed 24 hrs to consider it. That’s where Bush went wrong I agree that was a mistake, He should have made the decision for her – federalized the LNG and that would have gone a LLLOOONNNGGG way to minimize the suffering of the people of New Orleans

All states have disaster plans, all states know that they have to take care of their populations during a crisis until help from federal agencies can be mobilized – THIS DID NOT HAPPEN IN LOUISIANA!

Mon Oct 10 2005 11:05 AM

There is certainly plenty of blame to go around, however Bush's decisions clearly cost $ and lives.

He cut funding to improve levees. [ http://www.tpmcafe.com/story/2005/8/30/212451/290 ]

The fact that National Guard were deployed in Iraq made them unavailable for disaster relief--another Bush decision.

Finally, he appointed a crony to head FEMA. Michael Brown's personal incompetence cost lives. Regardless of who ELSE is to blame, Americans have the right to expect much more out of FEMA. Furthermore, they should expect the President to appoint someone qualified to head up the agency.

Mon Oct 10 2005 7:04 PM

NJGuardsman,

I agree 100%. The governor of Louisiana should have used the federal military troops at her disposal to airdrop food and water into New Orleans. Also, she should have requested Bush to send assistance a week before the hurricane hit. Instead, she waited until it was declared a Category 3 hurricane. Absolutely incompetent.

A federal state of emergency was declared on Saturday, and already by Wednesday, Bush convened a task force to manage the disaster. This is about as fast as our fleet-footed federals can move. (One has to remember, that nothing gets done on Mondays.) It's absolutely incompetent to not request federal assistance two weeks before any emergency exists, such requests should be made personally to the president, the vice president, the director of Homeland Security, and the head of FEMA. Also, please send copies in triplicate to the departments of Receiving, Post-receiving, Ignoring, Transferring, and Dumpster Maintenance.

It's absolutely incompetent that the governor of Lousiana didn't do any of this.

I agree 100%.

Tue Oct 11 2005 3:35 AM

Don't forget that vacation schedules had to be accomodated.

Tue Oct 11 2005 4:57 PM

jonathan:

nj guardsman,
chechnya has very little to do with iraq (the common link being islam and nationalism). putin's invasion of chechnya in 99-2000 was predicated on very suspicious apartment block bombings. you will find very few chechens agreeing with basayev's methods but they all agree that putin has dramtically brutalized the nation and strengened the hand of fundamentalist jihadis.the conflation of chechnya with iraq is a self-fulfilling prophesy. believing that vlad is a peaceful democrat is as plausible as believing that 'uncle joe' was not interested in reaching berlin before the allies in 1945. ask khordokovsky.
i would be interested to know how sean penn has enabled or helped islamic radicalism. do you think a jihadi in iraq needs further encouragement? think about the ridiculousness of your statement and tell me bush and his 'enablers' never politicized 9/11 at the first oppurtunity he got.all he asked you was do you swallow?

Tue Oct 11 2005 8:43 PM

Roger:

Please have your uncle try Essiac tea or Flor-Esence. Herbs for purifying the system. Please research in the web.

Wed Dec 14 2005 4:15 PM