California says NO to everything!

November 9, 2005 4:17 AM

California completely rejected every single proposition. $300 million later and the governor is still screwed.

"I promise you from the bottom of my heart I will continue to work as hard as I can to make you proud of me."

His old movies sucked, and this movie sucks too. Maybe if he tried another line of work, we could find something to be proud of -- like, uh, SAG president? ::evil grin::

More from the archive in California, Politics.

California says NO to everything! (11.09.2005)

Next Entry: Another transplant scandal rocks southern California (11.10.2005)
Previous Entry: Meet the Liar (11.07.2005)

Arnold is doomed. He's gotta figure if he continues intending to run again, he'll just be wasting his $$. He got smacked down soundly yesterday. And all that wasted money to fund the stupid "what did you expect" vote.

How the GOP can even say the words 'fiscal responsibility' with a straight face, we'll never know.

Wed Nov 9 2005 2:03 PM

Dave,

you nailed it. California, and America for that matter, are craving fiscal responsibility and a rational debate about public policy and choices being made on spending their tax $.

Arnold has repeatedly referred to nurses and teachers as "special interests". No governor should ever view his constituents with such contempt.

Wed Nov 9 2005 3:32 PM

Mike Ackerman:

Maybe its dawning on Arnold that people elected him because they thought it would be funny.

Wed Nov 9 2005 6:53 PM

Congrats to all the youngsters out there looking to kill babies. You now can kill an innocent life then go watch SpongeBob without your parents knowing.

Fri Nov 11 2005 12:32 PM

Arnold seems to be confused on his own positions about abortion and gays.

...on a more serious note, the issue of parental notification of abortion is a serious one. Reducing it to "youngsters looking to kill babies" substitutes empty rhetoric for rational discussion.

There are significant numbers of pregnant girls who were raped by their own parents or legal guardians. We need a rational policy to deal with this. It's not a simple problem. Obviously, Arnold is not the person to lead us to a policy we all can live with.

Mon Nov 14 2005 10:43 AM

Kevin from Middletown:

Tom has a point. I am a conservative but pro choice and do not share the black and white view that alot of conservatives do. However in this instance I will go a step further and say parental notification is a deal breaker. All medical procedures require a parent's consent and abortion should be no different. Schools can't give a kid an aspirin without notifying a parent so the question of a complex medical procedure with long reaching physical and emotional repurcussions should be a no brainer. The law should make reasonable exceptions for cases of incest or abuse but I think most progressives would concede that these cases are not that common. I eagerly await civilized discourse on this. Hopefully the right wing facist threads will be kept to a minimum.

Kevin

Mon Nov 14 2005 4:09 PM

Somal:

Useful site... no comments

Thu Jun 22 2006 12:26 PM

—качать:

Wed Jul 26 2006 6:34 AM

Mashkov UA:

Good afternoon, where I can find your coordinates for feedback with you?

Tue Aug 15 2006 12:18 PM